Well hello there 2020… a whole new year, and a whole new decade! Stepping into the new year obviously comes with setting yourself some new goals to achieve and look forward for! You can read my previous blog post, HERE where I reflected onto some of my 2019 goals and the highlights of that year!
1. BLOG CONSISTENTLY – I love blogging and have rekindled my love for it in 2019 by creating posts that I enjoy and would read myself, so want to carry this into 2020 by keeping it up and blogging consistently! I’m aiming to publish a blog post every Tuesday and Saturday, hopefully I’ll be able to stick to that.. for a decent amount of time at least!
2. DO EVERYDAY MAY ON THE BLOG – I really wanted to do this in May last year but uni exams got in the way and I didn’t really prepare for it, so the idea just fell through. However, now with the new blog design and domain, I know I’d keep things up a notch with the blog and take it more seriously this year. I love the idea of challenging yourself by aiming to publish a blog post everyday for a whole month and people do this during October and December usually, but I wanted to do it during May, when things have slowed down with uni a bit. If you have any suggestions on how to tackle blogging everyday for a month, comment them down below please as I’ll need it!
3. HIT 6K ON INSTAGRAM – I’d like to begin this by saying yes instagram isn’t about numbers only, but when theres a such thing of only doing the swipe up function on stories when you have 10k, micro bloggers like myself want to reach it. I’m super close to 4k at the moment and with the rate I’m growing on instagram I thought, gaining 2k is a realistic target to work towards. I’d appreciate it so much for anyone reading this to hit the follow button on my Instagram!
4. READ 30 BOOKS – I set myself the goal of reading 20 books for 2019 and I achieved that and went beyond too so wanted to increase that to 30 for this year! I use Goodreads to keep track of the books that I have read, and also add loads of other books I want to read to my ‘bookshelves’ there. I already brought about 8 new books that were on my radar for quiet a while. I’ve decided for this year, I want to do a blog post on the books I read monthly and share them with you guys!
5. WORK WITH MORE AMAZING BRANDS – 2019 was the year I started working with some brands on paid partnerships and was added to the PR lists of some amazing brands and I want to carry this onto 2020 and hopefully work with some more great brands!
6. VISIT A NEW CITY – I love travelling and exploring and so far I’ve travelled to the different cities of Turkey during the summer months, but in 2020 I want to visit a new city that I have never been to, which means I should probably start looking into it already!
7. JOURNAL DAILY – I love journalling and scrapbooking and I want 2020 to be the year I journal daily, as its my favourite way of looking back on time and having a glimpse on how I felt/though during those moments!
8. CREATE MORE FILM PHOTOGRAPHY CONTENT – As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I delved into film photography in 2019 and I want to use it as a way of creating more blog posts and instagram content with it!
9. GRADUATE – As you may know I’m currently in my 3rd year of uni and I’ll be graduating this summer finally!
10. DO A PGCE – Following on from the previous point, after I graduate, I want to progress onto doing a PGCE (Post Graduate Course in Education) in order to get a teaching qualification and then be a teacher, which is my career plan for now!
These are some of my goals for 2020, I do have some personal goals but these are the ones I wanted to share publicly! Comment down below some of your 2020 goals!
Ayse Merve x